ASA8285 - Conducting Successful Treatment with Reluctant or Resistant Adolescent Substance Abusers
Title: Conducting Successful Treatment with Reluctant or Resistant Adolescent Substance Abusers
Description: This course is designed to provide the mental health clinician with a comprehensive overview of the topic of working with adolescent substance abusers. Upon completing this course, the trainee will understand the following:
- Key factors in adolescent development
- Adolescent development and health risks
- Recent trends in adolescent alcohol and other substance use
-The different types and patterns of adolescent alcohol and other substance use
- How to diagnosis adolescent alcohol and other substance use and associated psychiatric disorders
- Preventive techniques for addressing adolescent alcohol and other substance use
- Characteristics of adolescent alcohol and other drug users
- Treatment settings and different types of treatment for adolescent alcohol and other substance use
- The components of effective treatment for adolescents and their families
- Treatment and therapy techniques for working with parents and guardians
- Treatment and therapy techniques for working with adolescents
- Motivating adolescents for treatment
- Use of the five-stage model for change for working with adolescents
This intermediate level course is primarily designed for clinicians in the middle stages of their career, or for more advanced clinicians reviewing concepts in this treatment area. This course was written by Ron Fagan, PhD, MA, LMFT, formerly a professor of sociology at Pepperdine University and currently a Care Manager with Anthem, with guidance and input from other senior yourceus.com, Inc. course developers and from NASW GA. This course contains many useful, printable pages on the subject area.
yourceus.com has been approved by NBCC as an approved continuing education provider, ACEP No. 6071. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. yourceus.com is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
yourceus.com, Inc., provider #1104, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit.
yourCEUs.com, Inc. maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB Approval Period: 11/15/2020 to 11/15/2023. Social workers participating in this course will receive 5 clinical continuing education clock hours.
This course is approved for 5 contact hours by the following certifying bodies:
The National Association of Social Workers through approval by NASW GA
States with their own approval process:
Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling Provider Number, BAP #50-2193