8 Contact Hours
Registration will remain open until 10 PM EST May 31, 2022.
This program has been designed to provide clinicians who have already completed the 9-hour intensive telemental health program from yourceus.com with the additional training to be eligible to sit for the post-test for the Certificate of Specialization in Telemental Health. For clinicians not seeking the Certificate of Specialization, this program will provide advanced training to move towards best practice skills in providing distance counseling services.
Advanced Telemental Health Experiential Training
Presenting a two-day conference, comprised of up to 8 hours of advance experiential learning in Telemental Health, to provide the mental health clinician with the tools and skills to practice distance mental health in the most professional and ethical manner possible. Trainees will be taken through each step of the process of providing high-level distance services from the point of first contact to the termination process, using yourceus.com's forms and templates to guide each stop of the way.
Both days: $135.00 pre-registered
CE Approval Information
8.0 CE clinical clock hours of continuing education have been approved by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners
The Louisiana Counseling Association is approved by the Louisiana Licensed Professional Board of Examiners to offer continuing education for Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors and Provisional Licensed Professional Counselors. This 9.0 CE clock hours has been reviewed and approved for Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors.
For Social Workers:
This program was approved for 8 clinical continuing education contact hours by the National Association of Social Workers, Louisiana Chapter, as authorized by the Louisiana State Board of Social Work Examiners, and may be applied toward the continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
This course is not NBCC approved.
Objectives for this Course:
Conference Day One (9:00 AM CT / 10:00 EST to 1:15 PM CT / 2:15 EST with one break, 4 Core Clinical Contact and Telemental Health Hours)
Conference Day Two (9:00 AM CT / 10:00 EST to 1:15 PM CT / 2:15 EST with one break, 4 Core Clinical Contact and Telemental Health Hours)
- Deliver best practices pre-screening for the appropriateness of Telemental Health in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Apply best practices in telemental health informed consent in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Provide best practices in the development and implementation of an emergency plan in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Apply best practices forms and templates for the management of pre-screening, informed consent, and emergency and crisis plan development and implementation in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Deliver best practices assessment procedures via distance technologies in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Apply best practices in telemental health treatment sessions in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Provide best practices in the management and response of an emergency or crisis situation in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Deliver best practices case termination and transfer procedures via distance technologies in practice simulations with complex client presentations
- Apply best practices forms and templates for the management of assessment, client sessions, and emergency and crisis situations and client termination and referral in practice simulations with complex client presentations
Both days of the conference will include interactive scenario analysis addressing the kinds of complex ethical dilemmas that may be created in Telemental Health Services.
About your trainers:
Charlie Safford, LCSW is the founder and President of yourceus.com, Inc., a knowledge company that works with professional organizations such as LPCA and NASW GA to provide continuing education curriculum to social workers, professional counselors and other mental health clinicians nationwide. He has over 35 years of experience as a clinician, consultant, and coach, with over 25 years of experience developing and delivering best practices training programs for business and mental health audiences.
Ken Scroggs, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, CEAP, DCC is the founder and President of North Pines Center and EAP Works. He has over 40 years of experience as a clinician, consultant, and coach, extensive experience in training development and training in the field of mental health.
DIRECTIONS FOR LINKING TO THE LIVE STREAM
Prior to the training all registrants will receive a link to the live stream platform via email. This link must be clicked on for entrance into the training program on the days and times for both days.
Full refunds will be issued up to 14 days prior to the conference. Cancellations received less than two weeks from the start of the conference will be refunded at 80% of the conference costs up until the day before the conference. Cancellations received after the last day before the start of the conference will not be refunded, but 50% of the paid amount may be applied towards other live or online courses from yourceus.com.
Grievances concerning course material, course delivery, or other aspects of this program may be forwarded via mail or email at the following addresses:
PO Box 182 firstname.lastname@example.org
Roswell, GA 30077
All grievances will be addressed thoroughly by our Grievance Committee until full resolution of the grievance has been reached. A full copy of our grievance policies and procedures is available upon request.