21 Century Best Practices Use of Self: Module 1 of the Comprehensive Professional Development Program: June 4-5 or Sept 21-22, 2020
COMPREHENSIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Module 1 of the Comprehensive Professional Development Program: 21st Century Best Practices Use of Self
Twelve core hours
Presenting module one of a 10 year, 5 licensure cycle comprehensive professional development program to build the essential knowledge and skills to practice as a Master clinician. This program is designed to transfer the core knowledge base to establishing and maintaining the psychotherapeutic relationship.
Offered through a collaboration between yourceus.com, , the Metamind Institute, MMH Professional Counseling, LLC and Flourish2Live. Approval will be provided from LPCA for professional counselors and NASW GA for Social Workers.
Summer date: June 4-5, 2020
Fall date: September 21-22, 2020
Streamed to your home or office
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM all days
21st Century Tools for the Effective Use of Self in Practice
Current research indicates the most important factor in positive clinical outcomes for clients is the characteristics of the clinician themselves, rather than treatment modality used. This course draws upon current research in neuroscience, combined with long-held and relied upon theories, to assist practitioners in developing the characteristics of an effective therapist, to include self-management and self-regulation in practice.
Upon Completion of this course participants will:
- Identify the core characteristics of an effective therapist, and engage in self-evaluation
- Develop a practical understanding of system theory
- Learn to apply Maslow’s hierarchy of needs in assessing for environmental stressors
- Gain a practical understanding of attachment theory and how it impacts the social engagement system
- Review current neuroscience research and its practical application to attunement in the therapeutic relationship to include:
o The Autonomic Nervous System
o The Polyvagal Theory
- Develop the assessment skills necessary to identify nervous system states in both themselves and others
- Develop the skill of active self-awareness as a framework for observing one’s self in practice
- Understanding of adaptive self-regulation, and the tools to make it applicable to self-regulation in practice
- Gain in depth insight into how the therapist’s ability to regulate one’s self improves clinical outcomes
Charlie Safford, LCSW President, yourceus.com, Inc.
Louis Boynton, PhD, LPC President, Flourish2Live
Mary Margaret Hill, LPC President, MMH Professional Counseling, LLC
Full refunds will be issued up to 14 days prior to the conference. Cancellations received less than two weeks from the start of the conference will be refunded at 80% of the conference costs up until the day before the conference. Cancellations received after the last day before the start of the conference will not be refunded, but 50% of the paid amount may be applied towards other live or online courses from yourceus.com.