Module Three of the Comprehensive Professional Development Program: Real World Best Practices Assessment and Diagnosis
COMPREHENSIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Module 3 of the Comprehensive Professional Development Program: Real World Best Practices Assessment and Diagnosis
Six core hours
Presenting module one of a 10 year, 5 licensure cycle comprehensive professional development program to build the essential knowledge and skills to practice as a Master clinician. This program is designed to transfer the core knowledge base to establishing and maintaining the psychotherapeutic relationship.
Offered through a collaboration between yourceus.com, , the Metamind Institute, Self-SOULstice, LLC, and Flourish2Live. Approval to be provided from LPCA for professional counselors and NASW GA for Social Workers.
Date: May 15, 2020 9:00 - 4:30
Roswell: Mountain Park Civic Center, 112 Lakeshore Drive, Roswell, GA 30075
Marietta: The Offices at 2470 2470 Windy Hill Road, Suite 355, Marietta, GA, 30067
Savannah: Holiday Inn South I-95 Gateway 11 Gateway Boulevard East, Savannah, GA 31419
Newnan: 2 1/2 Court Square, Newnan, GA 30263
Enroll early as space will be limited!
Real World Best Practices Assessment and Diagnosis
Our ability to provide effective treatment is dependent upon our skill in correctly identifying the nature and causes of the client’s problems. The DSM-5 and the ICD-10 coding systems for mental and psychological problems represent an organizing approach for denoting a client’s problems and connecting those problems to research backed best practices treatment approaches. This course will provide a detailed overview of best practices in assessment and diagnosis, with extensive handouts outlining the most common conditions clinicians are likely to see, as well as forms and templates for assessment, allowing the clinician to improve aptitudes in this important clinical area.
Upon Completion of this course participants will:
- Comprehend the process of utilizing the DSM-5 for diagnosis
- Learn how to organize a bio-psycho-social-spiritual assessment approach and utilize an assessment template that aligns successfully with the DSM-5
- Apply best practices tools and measures for clinical assessment
- Grasp the ethical and clinical issues concerned with the use of appropriate assessment instruments
- Understand the decision making process in moving from assessment to best practices treatment
- Define scope of practice and appropriate actions to take when addressing medical and other conditions that may be mistaken as mental health conditions
- Identify depression or anxiety that may be the result of medical illness
- Explain the bio-physiologic mechanisms of depression and anxiety caused by medical illness
- List common drugs and medications causing depression & anxiety
- Explain implications of sleep deprivation, diet, and other lifestyle choices in generating contributors to mental health difficulties
Roswell, GA Charlie Safford, LCSW President, yourceus.com, Inc.
Savannah, GA Jessica Slash, LCSW President, the Metamind Institute
Newnan, GA Louis Boynton, PhD, LPC President, Flourish2Live
Marietta, GA D. Dionne Bates, PhD, LPC President, Self-SOULStice, LLC
Full refunds will be issued up to 14 days prior to the conference. Cancellations received less than two weeks from the start of the conference will be refunded at 80% of the conference costs up until the day before the conference. Cancellations received after the last day before the start of the conference will not be refunded, but 50% of the paid amount may be applied towards other live or online courses from yourceus.com.