DSM5577 - REFERENCES AND TEST
Click on the "Take Test" link at the very bottom of this page to move to test.
Please note that your test will run best if you are using Chrome as your browser. If you use Safari it may require you to change your settings to allow for 3rd party cookies - which are needed to run the test pages.
1. American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition: DSM-5, 2013
2. American Psychiatric Association, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision (American Psychiatric Association, 2000)
3. American Psychiatric Association, Highlights of Changes from DSM-IV-TR to DSM-5, 2013, www.dsm5.org/Documents/changes%20from%20dsm-iv-tr%20to%20dsm-5.pdf
4. Bartolommei, N, Lattanzi, A. Callari, A, Cosentino, L, Luchini, F, Mauri, M, Catatonia: a critical review and therapeutic recommendations, Journal of Psychopathology 2012;18:234-246, http://www.jpsychopathol.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/05Bartolommei1.pdf
5. Collaborative Family Healthcare Coalition, 1998, www.cfhc.net
6. Collier, R, DSMrevision surrounded by controversy, CMAJ. 2010 Jan 12; 182(1): 16–17, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802599/
7. Decker, HS, Why the Fuss Over the DSM-5, When Did the DSM Start to Matter, & For How Long Will it Continue to? Mad in America, Science, Psychiatry and Social Justice, https://www.madinamerica.com/2013/06/why-the-fuss-over-the-dsm-5-when-did-it-start-to-matter-and-how-much-longer-will-it/
8. Frances, Allen, The New Crisis in Confidence in Psychiatric Diagnosis, Ann Intern Med. Published online 17 May 2013
9. Gualtieri, CT & Johnson, LG, ADHD: Is Objective Diagnosis Possible?, Psychiatry (Edgmont). 2005 November; 2(11): 44–53
10. Heimsch, KA & Polychronopoulos, GB, Diagnosis in the Assessment Process, In Essentials of Testing and Assessment, Neukrug, E & Fawcett, C, 2009, Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning
11. Hepworth, D. and Larsen, J, Direct social work practice: Theory and skills. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth
12. Murray CJL & Lopez AD (1996) The Global Burden of Disease: A comprehensive assessment of mortality and disability from diseases and injuries, and risk factors in 1990 and projected to 2020. World Health Organisation: Harvard University Press.
13. National Alliance on Mental Illness, 2003, www.nami.org
14. National Institute of Mental Health, 2000, www.nimh.nih.gov
15. National Institute of Mental Health, Statistics, 2014, http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/index.shtml
16. Spitzer, R., Gibbon, M., Skodol, A., Williams, J. & First, M. (2002). Case Book: A Learning Companion to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision, American Psychiatric Association: Washington, D.C.
17. US Surgeon General Office. Mental Health: A Report of the Surgeon General. December 1999, www.surgeongeneral.gov