HSX5555 - REFERENCES AND TEST
Click on the "Take Test" link at the very bottom of this page to move to test.
Please note that your test will run best if you are using Chrome as your browser. If you use Safari it may require you to change your settings to allow for 3rd party cookies - which are needed to run the test pages.
1. About.com. (2004). Mental health: Serzone pulled from U. S. market. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://mentalhealth.about.com/od/psychopharmacology/a/serzone504.htm
2. American Psychiatric Association (2000). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fourth Edition Text Revision. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.
3. American Psychological Association (2008). Answers to your questions for a better understanding of sexual orientation & homosexuality. APA Online: Topic: Sexuality. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.apa.org/topics/sorientation.html#whatcauses
4. Anapol, D. (1997). Polyamory: The new love without limits: Secrets of sustainable intimate relationships. Intinet Resource Center. Described as the classic book on polyamory.
5. Annon, J. (1975). The behavioral treatment of sexual problems, vol 2. Honolulu, Hawaii: Enabling Systems, Inc.
Arlt, W., Callies, F., van Vlijmen, J., Koehler, I., Reincke, M., Bidlingmaier, M, Huebler, D., Oettel, M., Ernst, M., Schulte, H., & Allolio, B. (2000). Dehydroepiandrosterone replacement in women with adrenal insufficiency. Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey, 55 (3), 159-160. Retrieved June 20, 2008, from http://www.obgynsurvey.com/pt/re/obgynsurv/abstract.00006254-200003000-00022.htm;jsessionid=LhZYh09VfbXZGbsGW29Mq9N2hxxTnmqBmkKsGnWY2JhJznGpQK0d!-74786611!181195628!8091!-1
6. Ashton, A., Mahmood, A., & Iqbal, F. (2005). Improvements in SSRI/SNRI-induced sexual dysfunction by switching to escitalopram. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 31, 257-262. Available at http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:I5alC2__3EMJ:www.ingentaconnect.com/browsing/SupplementaryTOC%3Fowner%3Darticle%26type%3Dcitations%26pub%3Dinfobike://brunner/usmt/2005/00000031/00000003/art00007%26unc%3D+a+chart+for+adjunctive+drug+therapy+for+SSRI+induced+sexual+dysfunction&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us
7. Ashton, A., & Rosen, R. (1998). Accommodation to serotonin reuptake inhibitor-induced sexual dysfunction. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 24, 191-192.
8. Bancroft, J., Janssen, E., Strong, D., Carnes, L., Vukadinovic, Z., & Long, J. (2003). The relation between mood and sexuality in heterosexual men. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 32, 217-230.
9. Barada, J., & McCullough, A. (2004). Premature ejaculation: Increasing recognition and improving recognition (Archived Web Conference). Medscape Psychiatry & Mental Health. Retrieved January 15, 2008, from http://www.medscape.com/viewprogram/3131
10. Bartlik, B., Kaplan, P., & Kaplan, H. (1995). Psychostimulants apparently reverse sexual dysfunction secondary to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 20 (4), 264-271.
11. Basson, R. (2005). Women’s sexual dysfunction: Revised and expanded definitions. CMAJ, 172 (10). Available online at http://www.cmaj.ca/cgi/content/full/172/10/1327
12. BBC Health, Taken From: www.bbc.co.uk/relationships/sex_and_sexual_health/probs_difficultyorgasm.shtml
13. Berman, J., & Berman, L. (2001). For women only. New York: Henry Holt and Company.
14. Berman, L., Berman, J, & Schweiger, A. (2006). Secrets of the sexually satisfied woman: 10 keys to unlocking ultimate pleasure. Hyperion.
15.Bockting, W., & Coleman, E. (2003). Masturbation as a means of achieving sexual health. Haworth Press. A collection of research papers about
masturbation. Also published as an issue of the Journal of Psychology
and Human Sexuality.
16. Bogaert, Anthony F. (2004). “Asexuality: prevalence and associated factors in a national probability sample. Journal of Sex Research 41 (3): 281. Retrieved on 31 August 2007
17. Broderick, G. (2005). Premature ejaculation. Medscape Psychiatry & Mental Health. Retrieved January 6, 2008, from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/507262
18. Chalker, R. (2002). The clitoral truth: The secret world at your fingertips. Seven Stories Press.
19. Cohen, A., & Bartlik, B. (1998). Ginkgo biloba for antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 124, 139-143.
20. Columbia University’s Health Q & A Internet Service (2002). Nutritional value in a serving of semen. Go Ask Alice. Retrieved January 10, 2008, from, http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1585.html
21. Comfort, A. (Sept. 1976). Sex and aging. Multi media resource center guide, 1 (1), 4-7.
22. Connell, K., Guess, M. K., La Combe, J., Wang, A., Powers, K., Lazarou, G., & Mikhail, M. (May 2005). New insight into potential cause of sexual dysfunction in women. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 192 (5), 1712-1717.
23. Cornell Physicians (2007a). Erectile dysfunction. Sexual Medicine Program. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://www.cornellurology.com/sexualmedicine/ed/causes.shtml
24. Cornell Physicians (2007b). Disorders of ejaculation. Sexual Medicine Program. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from, http://www.cornellurology.com/sexualmedicine/disorders/
25. Cornog, M. (2003). The big book of masturbation: From angst to zeal. Down There Press. Gives general background on the subject.
26. Crenshaw, T., & Goldberg, J. (1996). Sexual pharmacology: Drugs that affect sexual function. New York: W. W. Norton & Company.
27. David, C. Blank, J. Lin, H. & Bonillas, C. (1996). Characteristics of vibrator use among women. Journal of Sex Research, 33 (4), 313-320.
28. Deveny, K. (June 30, 2003). We’re not in the mood. Newsweek Magazine, 41-46.
29. Elders, J. (1997). The dreaded “M” word. Nerve Dispatches. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://nerve.com/Dispatches/Elders/mword/
30. Ferguson, D., Steidle, C., Singh, G., Alexander, J., Weihmiller, M., & Crosby, M. (2003). Randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover design trial of the efficacy and safety of Zestra for women in women with and without female sexual arousal disorder. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 29 (suppl. 1), 33-44. Electronic version available online at http://www.zestra.com/pdf/Journal_of_Sex_Marital_Therapy_article.pdf
31. Fredman, S., & Rosenbaum, J. (2003). Antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction and its management. Medscape Psychiatry & Mental Health. Retrieved June 20, 2008, from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/457164
32. Friedman, S., Flom, P., Kottiri, B, Neaigus, A., Sandoval, M, Curtis, R., Jenilman, J., & Des Jarlais, D. (October 19, 2001). Prevalence and correlates of anal sex with men among young adult women in an inner city minority neighborhood. AIDS, 15, 2057-2060. Retrieved June 4, 2008, from http://www.aidsonline.com/pt/re/aids/fulltext.00002030-200110190-00025.htm;jsessionid=LyvK0pDYy2spBLYcRL2hyLhHx082JSbnc3TrRFpb9Qp1p9LzJTVR!447927974!181195628!8091!-1
33. Gearon, C. (2008). Dealing with male menopause. Discovery Health Newsletter. Retrieved June 19, 2008, from http://health.discovery.com/centers/mens/articles/andropause.html
34. Gender.org. (2001). Hot seat questions about transgendered people. Gender Education & Advocacy, Inc. Retrieved July 1, 2008, from http://www.gender.org/resources/dge/gea01002.pdf
35. Giorgi, G. & Siccardi, M. (Sept. 1996, part 1). Ultrasonographic observation of a female fetus' sexual behavior in utero. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 175 (3).
36. Gitlin, M. (1994). Psychotropic medications and their effects on sexual function: Diagnosis, biology, and treatment approaches. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 55, 406-413.
37. Goldstein, I. & Davis, SR, Women’s Sexual Function and Dysfunction: study, diagnosis and treatment, taken from: http://books.google.com/books?id=T5P_5UwqYhoC&pg=PA444&lpg=PA444&dq=prevalence+arousal+disorders+in+women&source=bl&ots=rWOPLF_tS0&sig=SP285G7V0nOgeUiI9iQovfRiO7s&hl=en&ei=P6OCTcH5LY6y0QG2id3bCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10&ved=0CEkQ6AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=prevalence%20arousal%20disorders%20in%20women&f=false)
38. Goudarzi, S. (2006). Gay animals out of the closet? LiveScience. Retrieved July 1, 2008, from http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15750604/
39. Grossman, K. (2006). Barebacking: Unprotected anal intercourse. About.com: Men’s Health. Retrieved July 18, 2008, from http://menshealth.about.com/cs/gayhealth/a/barebacking.htm
40. Gutierrez, M., & Stimmel, G. Management of and counseling for psychotropic drug-induced sexual dysfunction. Medscape Psychiatry & Mental Health. Available at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/418005_1
41. Handelsman, D., & Zajac, J. (2004). Androgen deficiency and replacement therapy in men. The Medical Journal of Australia. Retrieved June 20, 2008, from http://www.mja.com.au/public/issues/180_10_170504/han10513_fm.html
42. Harvard Medical School Faculty (2007a). All about men’s sexual health: Treating erectile dysfunction: The Pde5 inhibitors: Viagra, Levitra, and Cialis. Harvard Health Publications. Retrieved January 6, 2008, from http://body.aol.com/learn-about-it/mens-sexual-health/treating-erectile-dysfunction/the-pde5-inhibitors-viagra-levitra-and-cialis?cc=70
43. Harvard Medical School Faculty (2007b). Treating erectile dysfunction: Men’s sexual health. Harvard Health Publications. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://body.aol.com/learn-about-it/mens-sexual-health/treating-erectile-dysfunction?cc=70
44. Heiman, J., LoPiccolo, J., & Palladini, D. (1987). Becoming orgasmic: A sexual and personal growth program for women. Better Sex Video (Becoming orgasmic) produced by Mark Schoen (1993). Book and DVD are available as a set from the Sinclair Institute (www.intimacyinstitute.com).
45. Hicks, K. (2005). The “new view” approach to women’s sexual problems. Medscape Psychiatry and Mental Health. Retrieved January 6, 2008, from http://www.medscape.com/viewprogram/4705
46. Hite, S. (1987). The Hite report: A nationwide study of female sexuality. New York: Mass Market Paperback.
47. Hollander, E., & McCarley, A. (1992). Yohimbine treatment of sexual side effects induced by serotonin reuptake blockers. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 53, 207-209.
International Professional Surrogates Association Website (n.d.). Available at http://surrogatetherapy.org/SurrogateTherapy.html
48. Intersex Society of North America (2008). Our mission. Retrieved July 2, 2008, from http://www.isna.org/
49. Ito, T., Trant, A., & Polan, M. (2001). A double-blind placebo-controlled study of ArginMax, a nutritional supplement for enhancement of female sexual function. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 27, 541-549.
50. Jefferis, B. G. & Nichols, J. L. (1922). Safe counsel. Naperville, Ill: J. L. Nichols & Co.
51. Johns Hopkins Health Alert (2008). Testosterone for women. Johns Hopkins Medical Letter: Health After 50. Retrieved June 19, 2008, from http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/alerts/healthy_living/JohnsHopkinsHealthyLivingHealthAlert_745-1.html
52. Johnsen, J. (2004). The pill. Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://www.plannedparenthood.org/birth-control-pregnancy/birth-control/the-pill.htm
53. Jong, E. (June 30, 2003). The ZIPless Fallacy. Newsweek Magazine, 48.
54. Kaplan, H. S. (1983). The evaluation of sexual disorders. New York: Brunner/Mazel, Inc.
55. Kersting, K. (2003). New hope for sex offender treatment. APA Online: Monitor on Psychology, 34 (7), 52. Retrieved July 6, 2008, from http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug03/newhope.html
56. Kinsey, A., Pomeroy, W., Martin, Ch., & Gebhard, P. (1953). Sexual behavior in the human female. W.B. Saunders.
57. Klebine, P., & Lindsey, L. (2007). Spinal cord injury—info sheet #3. Spinal Cord Injury Information Network. UAB Spain Rehabilitation Center. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=22405
58. Koch, P. B. (1995). Exploring our sexuality: An interactive text. Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Co.
59. Komisaruk, B., Whipple, B., Crawford, A., Grimes, S., Liu, W., Kalnin, A., & Mosier, K. (2004). Brain activation during vaginocervicel self-stimulation and orgasm in women with complete spinal cord injury: fMRI evidence of mediation by the vagus nerves. Brain Research, 1024, 77-88.
60. Korpelainen, J. T., Nieminen, P., & Myllyla, V. V. (1999). Sexual functioning among stroke patients and their spouses. Stroke, 30, 715-719.
61. Labbate, L., Croft, H., & Oleshansky, M. (2003). Antidepressant related erectile dysfunction: Management via avoidance, switching antidepressants, antidotes and adaptation. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 64 (suppl. 10), 11-19.
62. Ladas, A., Whipple, B., & Perry, J. (2005). The G-Spot : And other discoveries about human sexuality. Owl Books.
63. Lai, A. C., Goodwin, S., Bonilla, S., Lai, A. P., Yegul, T., Vatt, S., & DeLeon, M. (June 2000). Sexual dysfunction after uterine artery embolization. Journal of Vascular & Interventional Radiology 11 (6), 755-758.
64. Laumann, E. O., Gagnon, J. H., Michael, R. T., & Michaels, S. (1994). The social organization of sexuality: Sexual practices in the United States. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
65. Laumann, E. O., Paik, M. A., & Rosen, R. C. (1999). Sexual dysfunction in the
United States: Prevalence and predictors. Journal of the American Medical
Association, 281, 537-544.
66. Lawrence and Garner v. Texas (2003). Case no. 02-0102.
67. Lehr, S. (2000). Sexuality in maturing women. Women’s News & Narratives: The Newsletter of the Emory Women’s Center, 8 (2), 5
68. Lehr, S. Demi, A., DiIorio, C., & Facteau, J. (2005). Predictors of father-son communication about sexuality. The Journal of Sex Research, 42 (2), 119-129.
69. Leland, J. (May 29, 2000). The science of women and sex. Newsweek Magazine, 48-54.
70. Levine, S., Risen, C., & Althof, S. (Ed.) (2003). Handbook of clinical sexuality for mental health professionals. New York: Brunner-Routledge.
71. Lichten, E. (2000). Testosterone: The anti-aging, muscle building, sex drive and mental sharpness hormone. Retrieved June 20, 2008, from http://www.usdoctor.com/testtwo.htm
72. Love, P. (March/April 1999). What is this thing called love? Family Therapy Networker, 34-44.
73. Lowen, A. (2004). Love, sex, and your heart. Bioenergetics Press.
74. Lykins, A., Janssen, E., & Graham, C. (2006). The relationship between negative mood and sexuality in heterosexual college women and men. Journal of Sex Research. Available online at http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2372/is_2_43/ai_n26891364/pg_1?tag=artBody;col1
75. Maas, C. P., Weijenborg, P. Th. & ter Kuile. M. M. (2003). The effect of hysterectomy on sexual functioning. Annual Review of Sex Research, 14, 83-113.
76. Marcus, E. (2005). Is It a Choice? Answers to the most frequently asked questions about gay & lesbian people, 3rd Edition. New York: HarperOne.
77. Masters, W., & Johnson, V. (1966). Human sexual response. Boston: Little, Brown and Company.
78. Masters, W., & Johnson, V. (1970). Human sexual inadequacy. Boston: Little, Brown, and Company.
79. Masters, W., Johnson, V., & Kolodny, R. (1988). On sex and human loving. Boston: Little, Brown, and Company.
80. MayoClinic.com (2007). Cancer treatment for men: Possible sexual side effects. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://health.yahoo.com/cancer-living/cancer-treatment-for-men-possible-sexual-side-effects/mayoclinic--50A88AAB-332D-4808-88247DA44ACE9849.html
81. McCarthy, B. (1981). Treatment of secondary erectile dysfunction in males without partners. Journal of Sex Education and Therapy, 7, 20-23.
82. Moser, C. (1999). Addressing the healthcare needs of sexual minority patients. Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality, 2. Retrieved July 2, 2008, from http://www.ejhs.org/volume2/Moser/moser1.htm
83. Mulhall J., Ahmed, A., Valenzuela, R., & Parker, M. (2001). An analysis of the utility of penile vibratory stimulation in restoring orgasmic function in men with idiopathic retarded orgasm. Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association, Anaheim, June 2001. Journal of Urology, 165 (5), 930A.
84. Nair, K., Rizza, R., O’Brien, P, Dhatariya, K., Short, K., Nehra, A., Vittone, J., Klee, G., Basu, A., Basu, R., Cobelli, C., Toffolo, G., Dalla, M., Tindall, D., Melton, L., Smith, G., Khosla, S., & Jensen, M. (October 19, 2006). DHEA in elderly women and DHEA or testosterone in elderly men. The New England Journal of Medicine, 355 (16), 1647-1659. Retrieved June 20, 2008, from http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/355/16/1647
85. Natural Standard Patient Monograph (2008). DHEA. Retrieved June 20, 2008, from http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dhea/NS_patient-dhea#B2F9B0CD-E7FF-0DBD-19D9A5EE24ECC1DD
86. New View Campaign (2007). Challenging the medicalization of sex. Retrieved
January 6, 2008, from http://fsd-alert.org/
87. Noonan, R. J. (1984/1995). Sex surrogates: A clarification of their functions. Available at http://www.SexQuest.com/surrogat.htm
88. Owen, J. (2004). Homosexual activity among animals stirs debate. National Geographic News. Retrieved July 1, 2008, from http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/07/0722_040722_gayanimal.html
89. Owens, A. (2004). Cardiovascular disease: Sexual problems and their management. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.sexualhealth.com/article/read/disability-illness/heart-disease-cardiac-conditions/297/
90. Palkhivala, A. (2005). Early penile rehabilitation helps reduce later intractable erectile dysfunction. Medscape Medical News. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/515218
91. Panzer, C., Wise, S., Fantini, G., Kang, D., Munarriz, R., Guay, A., & Goldstein, I. (2006). Impact of oral contraceptives on sex hormone-binding globulin and androgen levels: A retrospective study in women with sexual dysfunction.
The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 3 (1), 104-113.
92. Parents United International (2008). Help for families suffering from child sexual abuse. Retrieved July 6, 2008, from http://www.parentsunited.info/index.html
93. Playboy Magazine (November 1976). Classic Scheer-Carter interview from ‘Playing President.’ Playboy Magazine. Retrieved January 10, 2008, from http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20060622_classic_scheer_carter/
94. Pozuelo, L. (2008). Depression & heart disease. Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute. Retrieved June 26, 2008, from http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/prevention/stress/depressionandheart.aspx
95. Preves, S. (2003). Intersex and identity: The contested self. Rutgers University Press.
96. Psychology Today (Sept. 2006). Pedophilia. Retrieved July 5, 2008, from http://psychologytoday.com/conditions/pedophilia.html
97. Psychology Today (Oct. 2006). Sexual desire disorder. Retrieved June 19, 2008, from http://psychologytoday.com/conditions/sexdesire.html
98. Reinisch, J. (1991). The Kinsey Institute new report on sex: What you must know to be sexually literate. New York: St. Martin’s Press, p. 18.
99. Rosen, RC, Prevalence and risk factors of sexual dysfunction in men and women, Curr. Psychiatry Rep., 2000, June 2(3)
100. Ross, E. (June 7, 2005). Genetics and the female orgasm. Associated Press Biology letters. Retrieved January 18, 2008, from http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/07/health/main700245.shtml
101. Rowland, D., van Diest, S., Incrocci, L, & Slob, A. K. (2005). Psychosexual factors that differentiate men with inhibited ejaculation from men with no dysfunction or another sexual dysfunction [Electronic version]. Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2, 383-389. Retrieved January 12, 2008, from http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2005.20352.x
102. Ruditis, P. (2005). Rainbow party. New York: Simon Pulse Publisher.
103. Saiz-Ruiz, J., Montes, J., Ibanez, A., Diaz, M, Vicente, F., Pelegrin, C., Vinas, R., Arias, F., Cassasco, L. & Fernando, L. (2005). Assessment of sexual functioning in depressed patients treated with mirtazapine: A naturalistic 6-month study. Human Psycholopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental, 20 (6), 435-440. Available at http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/111079977/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
104. Schaffir, J. (July-Sept. 2006). Hormonal contraception and sexual desire: A critical review. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 32 (4), 305-314.
105. Schubach, G. (1997). The G-‘Crest’ and female ejaculation. DoctorG.com. Retrieved July 11, 2006 from http://www.doctorg.com/female-woman-orgasm/Woman-female-orgasms.htm
106. Schubach, G. (August 25, 2001). Urethral expulsions during sensual arousal and bladder catheterization in seven human females.” Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality, 4. May be viewed at http://www.ejhs.org/volume4/Schubach/abstract.html
107. Schubach, G. (2002). The human female prostate and its relationship to the popularized term, G-Spot. Retrieved July 6, 2008, from http://www.doctorg.com/g-spot-truth.htm
108. Science News (June 2005). New insight into potential cause of sexual dysfunction in women. ScienceDaily. Retrieved January 18, 2008, from http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/06/050608071439.htm
109. Segraves, R. (1995). Yohimbe may alleviate sexual dysfunction. Psychopharmacology Update 6, 4.
110. Semans, A. (2004). The many joys of sex toys: The ultimate how-to handbook for couples and singles. Broadway Publishing.
111. Sexual Health Network (2004). Sexual response cycles. Retrieved January 6, 2008, from http://www.sexualhealth.com/article/read/sexuality-education/human-sexual-response-cycles/243/
112. Sharlip, I. (2005). The problem of premature ejaculation. Medscape Psychiatry and Mental Health. Retrieved January 7, 2008, from http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/518225_3
113. Silva, M. (April 2006). Body image dissatisfaction: A growing concern among men. MSOE Counseling Services Newsletter 2 (6) [Electronic version]. Available at http://w3.msoe.edu/st_life/couns/news/v2_6.shtml
114. Silverberg, C. (2005). Sexuality and diabetes. About.com: Sexuality. Retrieved June 26, 2008, from http://sexuality.about.com/od/disability/a/sexdiabetes.htm
115. Silverberg, C. (2006a). How common is heterosexual anal sex? About.com: Sexuality. Retrieved June 4, 2008 from http://sexuality.about.com/od/sexualhealthqanda/f/anal_sex_common.htm
116. Silverberg, C. (2006b). Anal sex toys:Tips on choosing and using anal sex toys. About.com: Sexuality. Retrieved July 9, 2008, from http://sexuality.about.com/od/sextoys/a/anal_sex_toys.htm
117. Silverberg, C. (2007). Penis size. About.com: Sexuality. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://sexuality.about.com/od/anatomyresponse/a/penis_size.htm
118. Sinclair Intimacy Institute (2002a). Sexual health: Sexual response. Discovery Health. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from
119. Sinclair Intimacy Institute (2002b). Sexual health: Aging and sex. Retrieved June 26, 2008, from http://health.discovery.com/centers/sex/sexpedia/ageingandsex_04.html
120. Sipski, M. L., & Alexander, C. J. (1997). Sexual function in people with disability and chronic illness. Aspen Publishers, Inc.
121. Smith, D. (February 7, 2004). Central Park Zoo’s gay penguins ignite debate. New York Times. Retrieved July 1, 2008, from http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/02/07/MNG3N4RAV41.DTL
122. Spinella, M. (2001). The psychopharmacology of herbal medicines. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
123. Stacey, D. (2007). About.com: Contraception. Medications and inhibitors that lower hormonal contraception effectiveness. Retrieved July 12, 2008, from http://contraception.about.com/od/prescriptionoptions/tp/medication.htm
124. St. John, W. (2003). In an oversexed age, more guys take a pill. New York Times. Retrieved January 5, 2008, from http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/14/fashion/14CIAL.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5070&en=22c3c28182cdf4a4&ex=1199682000
125. Taylor, E., & Taylor, A. (2000). Are your hormones making you sick: A woman’s guide to better health through hormonal balance. Physicians Natural Medicine Publisher.
126. The Kinsey Institute (1999). Kinsey’s heterosexual-homosexual rating scale. Retrieved July 1, 2008, from http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/ak-hhscale.html
127. The Merck Manual of Geriatrics (2008). Effects of medical disorders on sexuality. Chapter 114: Sexuality. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.merck.com/mkgr/mmg/sec14/ch114/ch114c.jsp
128. Tiefer, L. (2006). The “new view” approach to men’s sexual problems. Medscape Psychiatry & Mental Health. Available at http://www.medscape.com/viewprogram/5737
129. University of Alabama at Birmingham Spinal Cord Injury Model System (2001). Autonomic dysreflexia—a possible life threatening situation. Spinal Cord Injury Information Network. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.spinalcord.uab.edu/show.asp?durki=21426
130. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008a). Transgender. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 1, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=activity&refid=035
131. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008b). What makes a behavior atypical? UCSB’s SexInfo. Retrieved July 3, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/print.php?article=activity&refid=015
132. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008c). Fetishism. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=sLts
133. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008d). Sadomasochism. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/print.php?article=2Ixv
134. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008e). Coprophilia. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/print.php?article=UF09
135. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008f). Urophilia. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=ye26
136. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008g). Transvestism (Crossdressing). Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=3gHr
137. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008h). Autoerotic asphyxiophilia. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=5D2N
138. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008i). Exhibitionism. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/print.php?article=Rdbl
139. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008j). Frotteurism. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=VN4z
140. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008k). Scatolophilia. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=XOQ5
141. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008l). Zoophilia. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/
142. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008m). Necrophilia. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=9Z5t
143. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008n). Voyeurism. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/print.php?article=0fjk
144. University of California at Santa Barbara (2008o). Voyeurism. Sexinfo. Retrieved July 14, 2008, from http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=4x65
145. University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign (2005). Depo-Provera. McKinley Health Center Handout. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/Handouts/depo_provera.html
146. UPMC Cancer Centers (2008a). Prostate cancer: Erectile dysfunction. Retrieved June 30, 2008, from http://www.upmccancercenters.com/cancer/prostate/erectiledysfunction.html
147. UPMC Cancer Centers (2008b). Prostate cancer: Nerve-sparing radical prostatectomy. Retrieved June 30, 2008 from http://www.upmccancercenters.com/cancer/prostate/radprostnerve.html
148. Vinik, A., & Richardson, D. (1996). Erectile dysfunction in diabetes. Clinical Diabetes, 14 (5), 111. Retrieved June 26, 2008, from http://journal.diabetes.org/clinicaldiabetes/v14n5S-O96/pg111.htm
149.Waldinger, MD & Schweitzer, DH, Persistent Genital Arousal Syndrome in 18 Dutch Women, Part II – A Syndrome Clustered with Restless Legs and Overactive Bladder, J. Sex. Med, V. 2 (6), 2009, Taken From: http://www.psas-support.com/files/artikel%20marcel.pdf
150. WebMD (2002). Explaining pedophilia. Health & Sex. Retrieved July 5, 2008, from
151. WebMD (2007a). Sexuality and physical changes with aging - common physical changes in men. Healthy Aging Health Center. Retrieved June 26, 2008, from http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/tc/sexuality-and-physical-changes-with-aging-common-physical-changes-in-men
152. WebMD (2007b). Sexuality and physical changes with aging - common physical changes in women. Healthy Aging Health Center. Retrieved June 26, 2008, from http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/tc/sexuality-and-physical-changes-with-aging-common-physical-changes-in-women
153. Weiss, R. E. (2006). Pregnancy & childbirth: Sexuality in pregnancy. About.com. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/sexuality/a/aa082498.htm
154. Wincze, J., & Carey, M. (1991). Sexual dysfunction: A guide for assessment and treatment. New York: The Guilford Press.
156. You Tube. Dove Evolution. Retrieved January 8, 2008, from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT4dpFpiTgk
157. World Health Organization (October 2000). Hepatitis B fact sheet. Retrieved June 4, 2008, from http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs204/en/
158. Zilbergeld B. (1999). Men and sex: A guide to sexual fulfillment. London: HarperCollins.
Thank you for choosing to study with yourceus.com. If you would like to return to review the course, click on the Review Course link below. If you are ready to take the test, click on the Take Test link below.
About your certificate of completion:
When you have completed the test and evaluation, your certificate will be available at any time on the Completed Courses page. You may print it out immediately, or keep it in our system for safekeeping and print out copies when they are needed.