Acquiring the Key Skills and Techniques for Competence in Mental Health Practice: Module Five of the Comprehensive Professional Development Program - Sept 26, 2020
Enroll early as space will be limited!
COMPREHENSIVE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Module 5 of the Comprehensive Professional Development Program:
Acquiring the Key Skills and Techniques for Competence in Mental Health Practice
Six Core hours
Presenting module one of a 10 year, 5 licensure cycle comprehensive professional development program to build the essential knowledge and skills to practice as a Master clinician. This program is designed to transfer the core knowledge base to establishing and maintaining the psychotherapeutic relationship.
Offered through a collaboration between yourceus.com, MMH Professional Counseling, LLC, and Flourish2Live. Approval to be provided from LPCA for professional counselors and NASW GA for Social Workers.
Fall date: September 26, 2020
Streamed to your home or office.
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM all days
6 CORE contact hours of continuing education have been approved by the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia (LPCA CE Approval #2020-07-07-059MLW)
This program was approved for 6 Core hours of continuing education credit by the National Association of Social Workers- Georgia Chapter as authorized by Georgia Composite Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapist.
This course is designed to establish a foundation for the acquisition and utilization of the key skills and techniques for mental health practice within the major theoretical frameworks that define clinical practice. Clinicians will learn and use a case conceptualization template to help determine the nature of the problems presented by the client and how the case conceptualization will direct the clinician to the appropriate approach and techniques. Additionally, clinicians will receive extensive handouts on the many different techniques of clinical practice, and guidelines for how to use techniques in a well informed manner. This will prepare the ground for more detailed and extensive training in each of the major theoretical schools of thought in subsequent training programs.
Upon Completion of this course participants will:
- Learn key principles of case conceptualization and its relationship to the selection of the most appropriate approaches and techniques of clinical practice
- Comprehend the different theories behind Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioral, Systems, and Post-modern approaches to practice and how these theories inform the choice of which models and which techniques to apply in clinical practice
- Understand the foundation elements of attachment theory and psychodynamic models and how they apply to the selection of counseling techniques.
- Comprehend the foundation elements of cognitive models of clinical work and how they apply to the selection of counseling techniques.
- Understand the foundation elements of systems theory and systemic models and how they apply to the selection of counseling techniques.
- Comprehend the foundation elements of post-modern/social constructionist models of clinical work and how they apply to the selection of counseling techniques.
Charlie Safford, LCSW President, yourceus.com, Inc.
Louis Boynton, PhD, LPC President, Flourish2Live
Mary Margaret Hill, LPC President, MMH Professional Counseling, LLC
Full refunds will be issued up to 14 days prior to the conference. Cancellations received less than two weeks from the start of the conference will be refunded at 80% of the conference costs up until the day before the conference. Cancellations received after the last day before the start of the conference will not be refunded, but 50% of the paid amount may be applied towards other live or online courses from yourceus.com.